It’s been a hard day’s night. While The Beatles already sang about it years ago, it perfectly sums up our current student lives. Now that we’re all starting to find our way within this academic year, it seems like the perfect moment to introduce you to those hard-working students within MAEUR. You may have seen the promotion of MAEUR events on campus, however, a lot of the action takes place ‘behind the scenes’ by the various committees. This year, the committees will all work long days and nights in order to help MAEURreach its fullest potential!
In the next couple of weeks, we are putting every committee in the spotlight. The committees were asked to collectively answer 10 questions in order to get to know them a little. So, what are you still waiting for? Scroll down and let’s get started! ↓
Today, we’re meeting the Activity Committee!
The committee consists of (left to right):
1. Sofie Vangrieken Garijo: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
2. Mylena Maitimu: Day Organization Coordinator
3. Gabriela Kirova: Chair
4. Julia Dorr: Day Organization Coordinator
5. Miao Li: Day Organization Coordinator
1. Describe this committee with a #
2. How old is this committee (all ages added up)?
3. Where is each member of the committee from? (Nationality-wise)
- The Netherlands/Indonesia/Bosnia
- The Netherlands
4. What are your goals for this year as a committee?
5. Which emoji fits your committee best?
6. What is your groups favourite 90s television show?
7. Everybody in the committee gets to add one drink into a mix drink. Describe what the final drink would look like and give it a name.
Look: funky alcoholic bomb, served in a really tall and thin glass with some decorations (a small umbrella, mini stroopwaffle on the edge of the glass and a straw)
Name: Exotic MAEUR Surprise
8. Backstreet Boys or Spice Girls?
9. If this committee could be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past, which one would you choose? Why?
The Activity Committee would like to go 500 years into the future since we would be able to combine AI with VR and engage the active members into an unforgettable bonding experience. Additionally, we would use tele-transportation, which would allow us to change environments depending on the context and activities.
10. What are you looking forward to the most this year at MAEUR?
Meeting more and more people, connecting more and more with the active members, becoming a family and of course, the BBQ!!!