It’s been a hard day’s night. While The Beatles already sang about it years ago, it perfectly sums up our current student lives. Now that we’re all starting to find our way within this academic year, it seems like the perfect moment to introduce you to those hard-working students within MAEUR. You may have seen the promotion of MAEUR events on campus, however, a lot of the action takes place ‘behind the scenes’ by the various committees. This year, the committees will all work long days and nights in order to help MAEUR reach its fullest potential!
In the next couple of weeks, we are putting every committee in the spotlight. The committees were asked to collectively answer 10 questions in order to get to know them a little. So, what are you still waiting for? Scroll down and let’s get started! ↓
Today, we’re meeting the Trend Event Committee!
The committee consists of (left to right):
Harmen Wetser: External Relations
Anita Spasojevic: Chairman
Ruth Whitehead: Day Organiser
1. Describe this committee with a #
2. How old is this committee (all ages added up)
3. Where is each member of the committee from? (Nationality-wise)
Harmen: the Netherlands
4. What are your goals for this year as a committee?
Organize a successful first committee event after which we can relax and enjoy everyone else’s events.
5. Which emoji fits your committee best?
Lady sitting behind a laptop
6. What is your group's favorite 90s television show?
7. Everybody in the committee gets to add one drink into a mixed drink. Describe what the final drink would look like and give it a name.
Anita: Bulgarian rakia
Name: “International grandmas’ cocktail”
8. Backstreet Boys or Spice Girls?
Spice girls (girls’ domination haha, sorry Harmen)
9. If this committee could be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past, which one would you choose? Why?
Definitely, the future! Otherwise, our event about AI couldn’t take place.
10. What are you looking forward to the most this year at MAEUR?
Meet, learn and have fun! :)
Join us for the MAEUR Trend Event 2019 on the 16th of January. This year the theme is: artificial intelligence!